- Upon entering or leaving the training area one must bow.
- Upon arriving, one must bow to the instructors and higher belts as an indication of respect.
- When an instructor or higher belt arrives, one must bow to them as an indication of respect.
- Instructor must be addressed as “Ma’am” or Ms Villeneuve, other instructors as Sir or Ma’am”.
- Full contact sparring is prohibited; protective equipment such as headgear and mouth-guard must be worn during sparing. (Cup is recommended.)
- Equipment must not be used at any time unless the instructor has granted permission. Do not climb, sit, or stand on the equipment.
- There will be no free practice while a class is in session, unless permission has been given.
- Anyone arriving late for class must do 20 push-ups and then ask the instructor for permission to join the class.
- Students must participate in both warm-ups and regular classes.
- Noise must be kept to an absolute minimum while a class is in session.
- Members are encouraged to assist the instructor in class, at tournaments, and demonstrations if requested to do so.
- Foul language will not be tolerated.
- No smoking is allowed in any part of the school and chewing gum in class is not permitted.
- No food is permitted in the dojang during class.
- Jewelry may not be worn during training due to its potential danger. (Medical alert bracelets are the exception.)
- Finger and toenails must be kept short to prevent injury.
- Uniforms must be kept clean and be worn during training. (Street clothes may be worn only with permission from instructor.)
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in suspension or expulsion
WordPress Blog Support